Charmaine Bingwa is the 2018 Heath Ledger Scholarship Recipient
Pop Entertainment was invited to cover the arrivals at the Heath Ledger Scholarship event at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. It was a night of gratitude, love, and beautiful memories of a man that inspired us all. Everyone was dressed to the nines as they gathered to walk the red carpet. The night started off with some of the board members of AIF, followed by past and present judges. Then the finalists, along with some of the VIP guests all gathered for photographs and interviews.
Each year the Australians in Film Heath Ledger Scholarship, is awarded to a young upcoming actor or actress who demonstrates exceptional talent, passion for the arts, and commitment to excellence. In addition, it allows emerging australian talent the opportunity to jump-start their careers and break into Hollywood. Australians in Film is a non-profit organization that is based out of the Los Angeles area. They serve to help open doors for young actors and actresses from the australian community that are planning on pursuing a career in the film and television industry.
The 10th Anniversary Scholarship Prize includes;
· Two round-trip Qantas economy airfares from Australia to Los Angeles
· US$10,000 towards a living allowance, rent and transport assistance in Los Angeles
· Group Acting classes and personal coaching from Lisa Robertson Studio
· Movement and Voice classes with Kennedy Brown
· Dialect coaching with Joy Ellison
· Group acting classes from Nancy Banks Studio